This weekend, I has an amazing experience. I was able to go to Time out for Women in Springfield, Massachusetts. What an incredibly awesome experience. I loved the feeling of just being there and listening to the speakers who were so motivational and each had something to say that, of course, I needed to hear.
The theme was Joyful Life. It was told to us over and over again that Heavenly Father loves each of us and He wants us to be happy. You can't hear that enough times. So, I'm just going to share some of the highlights.
Saturday we heard from Mary Ellen Edmunds. She is so hillarious. She shared with us that she likes to call Satan What's-his-no-face, because she knows it ticks him off. Then, we heard from Kenneth Cope again. I must admit, I love his music. I was touched by the spirit he brought in with his music. He shared that we are daughters of a Heavenly Father that loves us and all that it involves. He stands at the doorstep knocking and never leaves us. Then, we heard from Camille Frank Olsen. She was an inspriation to me. She didn't marry until she was 48. She told us that she found that she needed to get on with her life and worry about how to take care of herself and then he came. Then, we heard from Merilee Boyak. She stressed the importance of giving a compliment. It only takes a second and it will change someone's life. Jason Wright taught us about how important some hand written letters are to the people receiving it. Then, finally Sharon Larson spoke. She told us that Joy is our responsibility, and the only way to get there is to turn to Christ. Like I said it was an amazing conference. I would love to go again. Thank you to mom for getting the tickets for us to go.
I just had to put this picture in to show that I got my picture taken with Kenneth Cope. :)



1 comment:
It sounds like you guys had an amazing experience! I would LOVE to go to this. Yea for time outs! :)
Post a Comment